The Mission: To develop a corps of well-informed volunteers to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas within their communities for the state of Texas.
The Texas Master Naturalist Program is sponsored by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. Since the program’s founding in 1997:
- relationships have been developed with over 400 partners
- over 12,800 Texas Master Naturalist volunteers have been trained
- volunteers have contributed more than 4.131 million hours of service
- over 229,000 acres have been impacted
- reached more than 6 million Texas residents of all ages
These volunteers’ efforts are worth more than $102 million to the State of Texas. Texas Master Naturalist volunteers serve in 48 local chapters across the state serving 206 counties, and new chapters are developing all the time.
For more information, visit the Texas Master Naturalist’s website at www.txmn.org.