Calling all beginner birders: Take your birding to the next level!
This program will feature focused birding trips led by experienced guide, Barbara Pankratz, as well as educational presentations by researchers and other birding experts. Meet the team!
Dates: November 3-5, 2023
- Start: Friday, November 3rd
- Check-in will be from 4-5:30pm at River Haven Cabins in Leakey, TX.
- End: Sunday, November 5th
- Learn to Bird will end after lunch, around 1pm.
The full schedule will be posted soon!
- $450 per participant for an individual room
- $775 double registration – Access for 2 participants for learn to bird along with lodging sharing a room (1 bed)
- $350 per participant – No lodging
- Experienced birding guide and birding buddy
- 10 hours+ of active birding, including owling at night
- 2 hours+ of practical education seminars
- Transportation to and from event sites**
- All meals during the event***
*Participants may choose to find their own lodging for the event. This option may be selected at the event registration site, with the cost of lodging deducted from the event price.
**Participants are responsible for their own transportation to River Haven Cabins in Leakey, TX, regardless of where they are lodging in the area. This will be the meeting point from which we depart and return to for all event sites.
***We will be able to accommodate vegetarian and gluten-free dietary restrictions. You will have the option to indicate either/both of these requirements during the registration process.
Lodging: River Haven Cabins along the Frio River in Leakey, TX
All photos pulled from River Haven Cabins’ website.
Each participant who chooses to lodge at River Haven through Birding with Extension will be provided a separate room with a double bed in a 2-bed, 1-bath cabin, and will share the bathroom, kitchen, and lounge areas with one other participant. Options are listed below:
- I am attending with my partner/spouse: During the registration process, please select “Yes” when asked if you wish to register for another person. From there, select “I want to share a bedroom with this participant” and the total registration price for both participants will reflect lodging for one room.
- I am attending with a friend: If you would like to share a cabin with your friend but have separate bedrooms, follow the process above but select “I want to share a cabin with this participant”. Alternatively, if you each want to register and pay separately, just email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to share a cabin. There is not a cost difference per participant for requesting to share a cabin.
- I am attending by myself: You will be assigned a separate room in a cabin, and will share the cabin’s main areas and bathroom with either someone of the same gender or a couple sharing the other room.
- Before October 1st: Full refund minus a $50 processing fee
- October 1st-October 19th: 50% refund
- After October 19th: No refund
If we do not meet our minimum registration (10 participants), or if the event is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, a full refund will be given.