Academic | Agencies | Hunting/Fishing | Kids | Magazines | Maps | Nature/Wildlife Business | Plants of Texas | Professional Organizations | Recreation/Travel | Youth | Wildlife Links
- Texas A&M University (TAMU) Home Page
- Center for Coastal Studies
- The Center for Natural Resource Information Technology
- Department of Rangeland Ecology and Management
- Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences -TAMU Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences department.
- Institute for Renewable Natural Resources
- Society for Conservation Biology, Texas A&M Chapter.
- Texas AgriLife Research – conducts research programs that support the state’s agricultural and natural resource industries and ultimately Texas consumers. Research resources are invested in scientific investigations that maintain and enhance our state’s natural resources, ensure the safety and affordability of our food supply, and contribute to the state’s economic vitality.
- The Texas Chapter of the Wildlife Society
- American Fisheries Society – Texas A&M University
- State of Texas Government Website
- Texas Department of Agriculture – TDA radio news of the day; Hay Hotline; Crop and Weather updates; Texas Ag Today; Texas Fresh Produce Guide.
- Texas General Land Office homepage – In the Spotlight; Historical Documents & Other Resources; News & General Info; This Land is Your Land; At the Beach; Land and Minerals; Veterans; Environment and Economy.
- Texas Forest Service – Fire Protection; Urban & Community Forestry; Insects & Disease; Landowner Assistance; Management Tools; Environmental Education.
- Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission – Regulatory and environmental information.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department – State parks, historical sites, hunting, fishing and wildlife in Texas.
- United States Department of Agriculture
- United States Environmental Protection Agency– Projects & Programs; Resources; News; Laws & Regulations; Databases; Offices; Publications; Money Matters; Kids; Students and Teachers; Concerned Citizens; Researchers and Scientists; Small Business; Industry; State, Local and Tribal.
- U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service– Endangered species, fisheries, wetlands, habitat conservation.
- Fishing Texas – coastal or freshwater topics.
- Hunters.com Home Page – World-wide hunting opportunities, services and events.
- Hunting Texas – licenses, regulations, hunting facts.
- South Texas Outdoors – Corpus Christi Caller Times comprehensive info on hunting and fishing in South Texas.
- Texas Angler Education Program – learn about the fun and relaxing sport of fishing.
- Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center
- Texas Hunter Education Program – sportsmanship, conservation, and safety.
- Children’s Butterfly Site – gallery, coloring pages, faqs, links.
- EPA Explorer’s Club
- The Adventures of Echo the Bat
- RecycleWorks – Good resource for kids to learn about recycling, watersheds and habitats.
- Texas Department of Transportation County Maps
- CLEAR (County Level Easily Accessable Resources) – Provides Texas landowners with a unique look at their natural resources.
- Texas Natural Resources Information System
- US GeoData
- Wildlife Management Areas – clickable travel regions map.
engines including Southwest Region Road Map, National Biological Information Infrastructure, National Data Infrastructure and the Government Information Location Service.
- Making Nature Your Business – a guide for starting a nature tourism business in the Lone Star State.
Plants of Texas
- PLANTS National Database – Provides a single source of standardized information about plants.
- Wildflowers in Bloom – A pictorial resource of wildflower information.
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – formerly the National Wildflower Research Center.
- Native Plant Society of Texas – Austin Chapter
- PLANTanswers – Provides information about many different plants and flowers.
- Exsel – Expert System for Brush and Weed Control Technology
- Audubon Outdoor Club of Corpus Christi
- Enviroweb – online environmental community.
- Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute-conservation and management of wildlife in south Texas and related environments.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo – benefiting youth and supporting education.
- National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- Nature Conservancy – saving the last great places.
- National Wildlife Federation – nation’s largest member-supported conservation group, uniting individuals, organizations, businesses and government to protect wildlife, wild places, and the environment.
- Quail Unlimited Home Page – conservation of quail and other upland game bird species.
- Rob and Bessie Welder Wildlife Refuge-research and education in the field of wildlife management and conservation and other closely related fields; graduate research and fellowships.
- Society for Range Management – a professional partnership in the scientific study, protection and management of all rangeland resources.
- Texas Audubon Society
- Texas Aquaculture Association
- Texas Aquatic Plant Management Society
- Texas Chapter of the Wildlife Society – Texas wildlife professionals chapter of The Wildlife Society
- Texas Society for Ecological Restoration – the Texas chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration, a non-profit international organization committed to the repair and sustainable maintenance of ecosystems.
- Travis Audubon Society – adventures in Birding, Education, & Conservation in Austin and Central Texas.
- Trout Unlimited – conservation club preserving trout streams for future generations.
- Texas Wildlife Association – conservation, management, and enhancement of wildlife and habitat on private lands.
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Wildlife Legislative Fund of America-dedicated to the protection of hunting, fishing, trapping, and scientific wildlife management programs.
- The Wildlife Society – homepage of The Wildlife Society.
- Texas Chapter of the American Fisheries Society – Pond Management Committee Activity
- Texas Chapter of the American Fisheries Society – Bass Tech Podcast Live!
- Cool in the Shade – Lying in the sun. Tanning. Catching some rays. Why do it?
- GORP – Wildlife – Great Outdoor Recreation Pages – outdoor activities including hiking, birding, and wildlife watching.
- National Wildlife Refuges in the Southwest Region
- Texas Boater Education Program – stresses boating safety and responsibility.
- Texas State Parks – features, reservations, photo gallery.
- Texas Trails – guide to Texas outside.
- Earth and Moon Viewer – interactive views of earth from space.
- EE-Link – Environmental education resources for students, teachers and professionals in levels K-12.
- EPA Student Center – middle and high school students.
- Texas Brigades – Youth Wildlife Leadership Program
- Armand Bayou Nature Center
- Birds of the Upper Texas Coast – location index and county maps.
- Butterflies of Texas – Northern Prairie Wildlife Research Center
- Environmental Organization Web Directory-Wildlife
- Meet the Birds of Texas
- National Wildlife Health Center – Disease Information – Information about several wildlife diseases.
- The South Texas Map – Corpus Christi Area Birding
- The South Texas Map – Rockport-Fulton Area Birding
- Texas Imported Fire Ant Research and Management Project – Management and control techniques, news in the battle against one
- Texas Natural Resource Server (TEXNAT) – Texas Natural Resource Web-natural resource management of Texas rangelands.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife – To manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
- Texas Threatened and Endangered Species List
- Wildlife Publications – Oklahoma State University – List of publications about wildlife from the Oklahoma Extension Service (some PDF files).
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Information Directory – what to do with injured wildlife and who to contact.